Notre Dame Workshop with Edit-a-thon 2020
An Edit-a-thon with online Workshop jointly organized by Notre Dame English Club and Wikimedia Bangladesh is going to take place in the mid of November, 2020.
Date and Time: November 12, 2020; 7:30 pm
Media: Online (using Google Meet)
Organizers: Wikimedia Bangladesh and Notre Dame English Club
Notre Dame English Club[সম্পাদনা]
- Chief Coordinator: M Rafiul Bahar Rafi
- Coordinator: Md. Motasim Bhuiyan
- Chief Technical Coordinator: Nazmul Haque Nokib
- Technical Coordinator: Md. Motasim Bhuiyan
The workshop aims to introduce the beginners to the concepts of editing Bangla Wikipedia. Hence, the instructors will try their best to explain the basic skills needed to do so.
In order to achieve that aim we have selected the following topics for the workshop:
- Wikimedia Movement, its philosophy, goal, amplitude and Wikimedia Movement in Bangladesh.
- Short briefing on Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Bangladesh.
- Wikipedia and its sister projects, Bangla Wikipedia Community.
- Basic rules of editing Bangla Wikipedia, diving deep into it using "Tea house" and "Recent changes" feature.
- Process of attending the Edit-a-thon/article writing competition.
An Edit-a-thon or an article writing competition will be organized just after the workshop. Participants will have to translate the articles from a provided list and publish them as a readable Wikipedia page. Participant publishing highest number of articles perfectly will be declared winners. Translation done by any automated tool (e.g. google translate) will not be allowed. Editing articles after submission will not be counted.
In the provided list the articles will be on World languages and literature (specially English), special aspects and terms of literature, writers, legends, mythological tales and its characters, folklore and unusual articles. These articles will be more or less 300 words and easy-to-translate for new editors of Bangla Wikipedia.